Discreetly nestled in the north east corner of Masons Yard, this site forms part of a large courtyard with the White Cube contemporary art gallery at its centre.
The existing property was a four-storey office building with a flat roof. Ground, first and second floors of the building dated back to the nineteenth century, whereas the third floor is a modern extension with 1960s aluminium windows. The rear of the building faces an alleyway into Ormond Yard.
In August 2018, planning permission was granted for a roof extension, a two-storey rear closet wing, conversion of a garage into offices and replacement windows throughout.
Extension and refurbishment of a four-storey office building
Our Role – Development & Project Management
Managing the project from conception through to completion, which comprised:-
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Securing the necessary planning consents and planning conditions required
- Legal documentation relating to Party Wall Awards, Oversailing Licences and Rights of Light
- Working up a detailed design
- Preparation of the cost plan
- Preparation and issue of the tender documents
- Issue of the tender report
- Appointment of the contractor
- Monitoring the build contract and professional team
- Site inspections
- Contract administration
- Issue of practical completion
Addition of a contemporary rooftop extension
Addition of a two-storey closet wing extension
Conversion of the existing garage space to provide a new office reception area
Refurbishment of the four floors of existing office space
Alterations to the existing façade