The site lies in centre of the small city of Truro in Cornwall, occupying a key position at the corner of Boscawen Street and Cathedral Lane and in the heart of the City Conservation Area comprising a criss cross of cobbled roads and little mews with a retail centre which includes local independent shops, together with the usual national retailers.
The existing building is 3 storeys high with both properties currently used as retail units on the ground floor. Each property has their own retail storage and offices on the first and second floors which are accessible both from within the retail units and also separately from Cathedral Lane.
Planning Permission was granted by Cornwall Council in March 2021 to convert the upper floors to provide 4 residential apartments, with a separate access from Cathedral Lane whilst still retaining the ground floor accommodation as independent retail outlets.
Plans Copyright: Lilly Lewarne Architects
Our Role – Development Management
Managing the project from conception:-
- Carrying out a viability assessment
- Reviewing the demand for each type and size of residential accommodation with local agents
- Selection and appointment of the professional team required for planning
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of the planning application
- Working up a detailed design
- Preparing the tender documents
- Appointing a project manager
- Appointing a contractor