The site is found on Cornmarket Street in the heart of the historic university city of Oxford and falls within the City’s Central Conservation Area.
Although the property is not listed the 15th century gateway access to the Golden Cross courtyard sits underneath and adjoins the building at ground floor level.
The existing building is 4 storeys high with a retail unit on the ground floor and the upper parts currently used as offices.
A planning application was submitted in March 2021 for the change of use of the upper parts from offices to residential, comprising 2no. 1- bedroom apartments and 1no. duplex 3-bedroom apartment, with an enlarged roof extension to form a new living space and terrace.
Conversion of the first, second, third and fourth floors from offices to residential.
Plans Copyright: Arthurell + Kirkland Architects LLP
Our Role – Development & Project Management
Managing the project from conception:-
- Carrying out a viability assessment
- Reviewing the demand for each type and size of residential accommodation with local agents
- Selection and appointment of the professional team required for planning
- Overseeing the preparation and submission of the planning application
- Working up a detailed design
- Preparing the tender documents
- Appointing a contractor