The site, situated approximately 1.5 miles to the west of Gorleston-on-Sea and measuring a total of 2.40 hectares, is currently used by Gorleston Football Club as its home ground. It also comprises a training ground, associated facilities and covered viewing stands on three sides, as well as storage, flood lighting and a car park.
Gorleston Football Club is proposing to relocate to an all-year-round 4G facility in East Norfolk College, Church Lane, Gorleston.
A Resolution to Grant Outline Planning Permission was permitted by Great Yarmouth Borough Council in December 2020 which proposes the demolition of the existing football stadium and grounds, club house, associated buildings, structure and infrastructure. In its place a residential development of up to 97 dwellings will be created, including open space, new and enhanced pedestrian, cycle and vehicular access, associated infrastructure, landscaping and ancillary development.
The site will be marketed now the Outline Planning Permission has been granted.
Proposed residential development for up to 97 dwellings
All Images Copyright: Greenaway Architecture
Our Role – Development Management
Managing the project from conception:-
- Ensuring the scheme’s financial viability
- Reviewing the market demand for the type and size of accommodation in the application
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Preparation and submission of the Outline Planning Application
- Undertaking negotiations with the Local Planning Authority and other stakeholders