The site is located on Museum Street close to the British Museum.
The existing building was constructed towards the end of the 19th century and is five storeys high with an additional basement. Museum House was previously a mixed-use property with retail use on the ground floor and a combination of office and residential uses on the upper floors. While the building is not listed, it is within the Bloomsbury Conservation Area.
The proposal was to convert the vacant office space on the upper floors to residential and to create a new 5th floor penthouse with terrace by way of a roof extension. Overall this provided a total of one 1-bed apartment and nine 2-bedroom apartments.
Planning Consent was granted for the conversion of the upper floors and the 5th floor extension.
Works completed in October 2017.
All Images Copyright: Love Interiors
Our Role – Development & Project Management
- To identify market demand
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Ensuring the scheme is financially viable
- Securing the necessary planning consents which involved extensive consultation and negotiation with the local planning authority
- Working up a detailed design ready to go out to tender
- Monitoring build contract
- Managing the project from conception through to completion