Temple Market, located on Queens Road, consists of a parade of retail units that serve the local community living in close proximity to Weybridge train station and is anchored by a Sainsbury’s Local store, with residential apartments above.
The whole building is a terraced, mixed-use property composed of commercial use on the ground floor and ancillary or residential use on the upper floors. The Sainsbury’s Local store on the ground floor has slowly expanded from one to three units.
The freeholder has, over a period of time, undertaken an active asset management programme that has included the extension of the Sainsbury’s unit and refurbishment of the residential accommodation. To date, six apartments have been created or refurbished, which has included their complete strip-out and redecoration. In addition, the buildings have been brought up to current regulation requirements in terms of thermal modelling etc. The freeholder aims to continue upgrading and modernising apartments as they become available.
The whole of the site’s exterior was redecorated in 2012, including the fitting of replacement windows throughout the upper floors.
Our Role – Development & Project Management
Managing the projects from conception through to completion, which comprised:-
- Ensuring the scheme was financially viable
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Securing the necessary planning consents and planning conditions required
- Working up a detailed design
- Preparation and issue of the tender documents
- Appointment of the contractor
- Issuing of building contract
- Liaising with tenants
- Monitoring the build contract and professional team
- Carrying out interim valuations and site inspections
- Issue of practical completion