The site occupies a strategic location close to the A1, at the junction of Bakewell Road and Newcombe Way in Orton Southgate, Peterborough’s prime business location.
The existing property was a self-contained warehouse/industrial unit on a site of 0.83 hectares (2.05 acres) with a 2-storey office building to the front. The refurbishment works comprised the demolition of the existing 2-storey offices and link block, extension of the existing warehouse/industrial unit and construction of a new attached office block with associated car parking and new service yards to the front and rear.
Planning permission was granted by Peterborough City Council in July 2016. The building works completed in August 2017.
Our Role – Development & Project Management
Managing the project from conception through to completion, which comprised:-
- Identifying market demand
- Ensuring the scheme was financially viable
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Preparing appraisals and cashflows
- Preparation of the cost plan
- Working up a detailed design with the professional team
- Overseeing the preparation of the tender documentation
- Issue of the tender report
- Selecting and appointing the demolition contractor and main contractor
- Monitoring the build contract and professional team
- Issue of practical completion
- Signing off snagging works