The site is situated a mile to the north of Watford Town Centre at the corner of Bushey Mill Lane and Greycaine Road within three miles of the M1 (Junction 5) and M25 (Junctions 20 & 21). Watford North railway station is approximately 150 metres from the site.
Sitting on a site of 0.57 hectares (1.42 acres), the previous properties consisted of a single-storey office block, a two-storey office block, an industrial warehouse, industrial workshops and a storage yard to the rear.
Planning permission was granted in July 2013 for the demolition of the existing buildings and erection of new units with B1, B2 and B8 uses, a service yard and car parking.
Watford Trade Park provides seven trade counter units ranging in size from 2,580 sq ft – 6,030 sq ft.
The building works completed in May 2017.
Lettings were agreed to National Tyres, TLC, Saint Gobain, National Windscreens and Neatsmith and the asset disposed of.
Our Role – Development & Project Management
Managing the project from conception through to completion, which comprised:-
- Identifying market demand
- Ensuring the scheme was financially viable
- Selection and appointment of the professional team
- Preparing appraisals and cashflows
- Preparing the cost plan
- Working up a detailed design with the professional team
- Overseeing the preparation of the tender documentation
- Issue of the tender report
- Selecting and appointing the demolition contractor and main contractor
- Monitoring the build contract and professional team
- Issuing practical completion
- Signing off snagging works